Color in the New Era: Trends, Twists and Tweaks
Color and design trends for 2020 reveal a fascinating dichotomy as a new era brings in both novel and nostalgic approaches to color and design. A kaleidoscopic of colors twists into patterns or combinations that are authentic and real while other palettes appear somewhat surreal or out-of-the-ordinary.
PANTONEVIEW home + interiors 2020 guides us into this new era reinforcing the notion that muted and vibrant tones can co-exist, and that a traditional style, especially when tweaked with futuristic touches, offers an unusual and original approach to a product or an interior.
- Notebook style wire bound book containing 8 individual trend themes, each unfolding to 35″ x 12″ in size
- Portable color card highlighting color direction by color family and material direction housed in slipcover attached to inside back cover
- Forecast imagery separated by palette and color family available on enclosed USB drive
- Includes a PANTONE Color Manager Software download
- Overarching forecast theme
- 8 individual trend palettes supported by trend story, inspirational imagery, color harmonies and palette key words
- Each theme contains 6 trend pages displayed on 3-page fold out cards which unfold to 35″ width enabling more expansive viewing
- Topline look at key finishes, textures and pattern
- Written and visual overview highlights key color concepts
- Seasonal printed color card displays forecasted colors in chromatic arrangement and provides color overview by family
- CMYK values for each of the 72 forecasted colors
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- Supporting visual imagery contained in each of the 8 key themes
- Fold out trend card provide more expansive color viewing of each of the trend palettes
- Portable forecast color card provides versatility
- Each of the trend themes contain supporting color story, visual inspiration and key color guidance streamlining process for color planning
- Color palette harmonies showing color mixes and proportions facilitate product assortment planning
- Topline material, texture and pattern information highlights critical surface application and informs products for development
- Color direction by color family enables more informed color choices
- Chromatic presentation of forecasted colors showcases all forecasted colors for easy viewing
- Forecast displayed in PANTONE Colors facilitates color planning using the PANTONE Fashion, Home + Interior color language
- CMYK print values for each forecasted color enables color matching for print applications
- PANTONE Color Manger Software allows integration of all PANTONE Colors for digital design
- Supporting visual imagery makes it easy to create your own story board
An emphasis on self-care combined with our affinity for nature based hues clearly comes through in Tea Garden, an artfully tranquil story of grounded tones, nature infused health-giving hues and contentment featured in PANTONEVIEW home + interiors 2020. Deliciously subtle, this memorable and sincere palette is both pure and poetic.
— Laurie Pressman, Vice President, Pantone Color Institute
Tea Garden Color Palette
Highlighted in PANTONEVIEW Home + Interiors 2020.
All images courtesy of Pantone.
Tags: Color, color codes, color palettes, color trends, home decor, interior, interior design, Laurie Pressman, Pantone, Pantone Color Institute, Pantone Matching System (PMS), PANTONEVIEW, Top, trend reports, trends